Check out this Fun and Healthy Treat for your Holiday party
During the holidays it can be tough at gatherings to stay focused towards our health and fitness goals. A lot of desserts out there can hit our diabetes hard. A big thanks to Caroline for sharing these fun & delicious Strawberry Santa’s with the family this year… I suggest you give them a try!
- Siggi’s Plain Yogurt (or Greek yogurt of your choice)
- Black icing gel
- Frosting piping or Ziploc bag with the bottom corner cut off (for swirling yogurt on Strawberry Santa’s “body”)
- Rinse the strawberries. Cut off the leaves. Next, cut off the pointed ends of the strawberries (this will be the Santa hat). Dab the newly cut edges on paper towel (the paper towel absorbs the strawberry juice, keeping the yogurt from sliding).
- Gently swirl the yogurt on the “body” of the Santa.
- Place the Santa “hat” on top of the yogurt.
- Lastly, carefully add the eyes with black icing. Enjoy!
* Optional: Freeze after making and before serving